Abigale Subdhan / The Social
Now that the warm weather is finally here, it's important to stay hydrated. We've all heard that we should be drinking about 8 glasses of water a day to stay properly hydrated, but according to holistic nutritionist, Kim D'Eon, all of that water doesn't necessarily have to come in a cup.
See below for some of Kim's recipes using the most hydrating foods and be sure to check out Kim's website here
Kim’s Greek Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head cauliflower (processed into cauliflower “rice”)
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- 2 tbsp smashed capers
- 1/2 cup diced black olives
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ c olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt and pepper taste
Sweet Strawberry + Grapefruit Smoothie
- Mix all dressing ingredients in small mason jar and shake until well blended.
- In large bowl combine cauliflower rice with black olives, oregano and capers. Mix well.
- Add dressing to “rice” mixture and stir to combine.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 grapefruit peeled
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup coconut water or filtered water
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Blend until smooth. Makes 2 servings.
Kim’s Easy Salsa
Kim’s Vegan Tzatziki
- 4 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- ¼ red onion very finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp finely minced jalepeno
- ½ tsp sea salt.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice of one lemon
- ½ cucumber, small dice
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ c filtered water (use more if you like it thinner consistency)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients excluding the cucumber and fresh chopped herbs into a blender or food processor and blend until really smooth and creamy.
- In medium bowl, mix creamy base with cucumber and herbs until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
TIP: If you don’t have enough time to soak your cashews for a few hours, simply flash soak them by pouring boiling water over them and letting them sit for at least 30 minutes.