It is officially holiday season and with all the parties and family gatherings, you'll likely be on the hunt for a hostess gift or two. But how can you make sure you give a gift that will get you invited back next year?
Style expert Meredith Shaw
is here to help with some original gift ideas every hostess will love.
Tonewood Maple Cube
- WHY WE LOVE IT: Maple is such a welcomed winter flavour, so this maple cube is a great gift. Grating it on a morning latte or a buttermilk pancake is perfection. It comes in two delicious flavours: Golden Delicate (a buttery maple flavour) or Dark Robust (intense maple flavour).
- PRICE: $16.99
Wine and a Festive Tea Towel Wrap
- WHY WE LOVE IT: This gift is essentially fancy adult candy and is perfect for hosts' with a sweet tooth. Squish candies are so elegant and great for any occasion.
- PRICE: $25
DIY – The New Morning SOS Kit
- WHY WE LOVE IT: Wine is never a bad idea to bring to a party, but over the holidays you can step it up and bring something bubbly like Jackson-Triggs Cuve Close sparkling wine. Kick it up a festive notch by wrapping a holiday tea towel, like these fun ones from Anthropologie.
- PRICE: $14.95 for Jackston-Triggs Cuve Close / $38 for Anthropologie tea towels
WHY WE LOVE IT: This is a great way to take home the title as best guest ever. It involves a bit more prep but it's a really personal touch. Your kit can include:
Indigo Stadium Throw
- The Face Shop character detox face mask. They’re super cute and come in a variety of animal characters. (PRICE: $4)
- A Saje peppermint halo roller to help cure that hangover headache! The peppermint smell is so soothing and wherever you apply it feels nice and tingly. (PRICE: $26.95)
- Scones in a mason jar (all you have to do is add the wet ingredients and then bake). It’s so easy and you can take any basic scone recipe and add whatever you want to it – dark chocolate, pecans, dried cherries, etc. Here's a recipe you can try!
- And the best of David’s Tea 2016 collection. The great thing about this is you could give the set on its own as a great gift or split the set up and give it to multiple hosts if you find yourself invited to several holiday parties! (PRICE: $26)
Balsem Candle (available at Hudson's Bay)
- WHY WE LOVE IT: If this blanket doesn't scream relaxation, we don't know what will! This buffalo plaid stadium throw from Indigo is the softest thing you'll ever touch.
- PRICE: $34.50
Crystal Coasters from West Elm
- WHY WE LOVE IT: You can't ever go wrong with a candle and this brand new Balsem candle comes in three lovely scents (Cypress and Sage, Spruce and Tarragon, Cedar and Lavender). Plus after the beautiful candle burns out, the concrete pods would be perfect for a little succulent.
- PRICE: $45
Faux Fur Charging Power Bank Bag Charm (available at Winners)
- WHY WE LOVE THEM: The jewel tones are gorgeous and crystal is so on trend right now. They come in a variety of colours and are a welcome addition to any holiday table.
- PRICE: $47-55
Kate Spade All Occasions Card Set
- WHY WE LOVE IT: Pompoms are so trendy right now and this one comes in three great colours: purple, red wine, and fuchsia. They come with adapters so it can charge any phone.
- WHY WE LOVE IT: This card set is beautiful luxe quality and is something that you probably wouldn't buy for yourself even though you'd want to.
- PRICE: $30